Monday, December 12, 2011

Filling shoes...

The title of my post came from one of my responses in my interview.  My interviewer asked me with only 5 years of teaching why would I want to enter the administrative level so soon?  Part of my response was there are impending "big shoes to fill and we need good people to fill them."  I realize the shoes might be a little big for me right now, but if I can continue to grow like I have the last 18 months, I have no doubt that I could wear those admin shoes well soon.  

This challenge was by far the hardest I have worked for anything.  The project itself was enough to scare my 6th graders out of going to college, but I have never felt so proud, blessed, and relieved.  I hope they see how happy I am, because of my hard work.  Not that I'm finally done.  

The cohort was essential, can't believe I almost did this by myself with an online MA program, loved it and the people.  Learned so much about each other and our history as a district and where we should keep going and keep remembering.

The classes and learnings were thoughtful and reflective the whole way.  I wish every teacher could go through this as the credential program, we would have some awesome teachers!  

I have been changed for good.

2 comments:

  1. Love your response and metaphor of "big shoes" to fill... I know you will be wearing them someday ;) Congratulations on completing your masters! Good luck in all your future endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jessica! I'm super proud to know you and I wish you the best of luck in your future!

    ReplyDelete